Allegany College of Maryland is pleased to enlist the services of Nelnet to make the payment process easier for you. Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) is a tuition management plan that provides you with a low cost option for budgeting tuition and other educational expenses. It is not a loan program. You have no debt, there are no interest or finance charges assessed, and there is no credit check. The only cost to budget monthly payments through NBS is a $25 per semester nonrefundable NBS Sign-up Fee. This plan allows students and families to avoid the traditional lump-sum payments and spread costs evenly for up to 5 monthly payments.
Using Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) is simple. You may budget your tuition and fees one of two ways:
1. Checking/Savings Acount (ACH) - ACH payments are electronic payments you have authorized NBS to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds from your account to ACM's account. Payments may be made from either your checking or savings account. Payments are processed on the 5th of each month and will continue until the balance is paid in full.
2. Credit Card Option - Many payers have requested the option of charging their monthly tuition payment to their credit card. This enables you to take advantage of various bonus programs offered by your credit card company. If you elect to use this option, your monthly payment will be automatically charged to the credit card you designate on the 5th of each month. Payments will be charged each month until the balance is paid in full.
When you sign-up with Nelnet, be sure to have the following information:
Please remember, once you have submitted your Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) agreement online, any down payment is deducted immediately.
How To Pay
Signing-up online is simple, secure, and easy. The payment plan can accommodate down payments and monthly payments. Once you are in "NBS Payment Plan," refer to the menu bar at the top for additional answers to questions you may have. Use the "Proceed" button to move through the steps, making sure you read all the information provided. Before you click the submit button, please carefully read through the Final Review and the Terms and Conditions. An immediate email will be sent (to the e-mail address provided for the person responsible for payment) confirming you've successfully signed-up for the NBS Payment Plan.
If you are the student or want to pay a student's tuition:
1. Go to www.allegany.edu
2. Click on WebAdvisor
3. Sign in with student login and password
4. Under "Financial Information" click on "Account Info, Payments and Payment Plan." Under "Student Finance" click on "Payment Plan."
5. Follow the directions on the page to sign-up for the NBS payment plan, if there is not an option to sign-up for the payment plan, please contact the Business Office at 301-784-5227. During the process you will receive instructions on how to review your accounts at any time.
Notice: You must provide an email address that is viewed often. If you use your Allegany College of Maryland email address, you must check it frequently for emails from Nelnet and ACM about your account. Effective correspondence depends on a valid email address (and phone number)!
IMPORTANT! Call NBS at 1-800-609-8056 to make any changes to your address, phone, or banking information. If you have questions regarding your NBS agreement please contact NBS directly or view your agreement online through MyPaymentPlan Account. To access MyPaymentPlan Account, follow the instructions located on the NBS Confirmation Letter or e-mail. If you have questions regarding your financial aid award or tuition balance, please call the Allegany College of Maryland Business Office at (301) 784-5227.
INFORMATION ON RETURNED/MISSED PAYMENTS
Should an automatic bank payment or credit card payment be returned/missed, a $30.00 Returned Payment Fee will be automatically assessed to your account. You will be notified by NBS of the returned/missed payment via mail or e-mail.
Important! If you have questions about your agreement or need to make changes to your address, phone or banking information, contact Nelnet Business Solutions at 1-800-609-8056. Please be sure to have your NBS agreement number and NBS access code available before placing the call.
If you have any questions regarding your balance, contact the Business Office at (301) 784-5227.
If you have questions regarding your financial aid, contact Student Financial Aid at (301) 784-5400.
Availability of the payment plan is determined by Allegany College of Maryland. Please be aware the college may elect not to have the payment plan available during specific times and dates during registration.