Online Automated Application is simple and
Annual amount of Scholarships awarded
Annual estimated number of Scholarships awarded
What you need to do?
Applying for Scholarships is as Easy as 1...2...3!
- Apply for general admission to Allegany College of Maryland to obtain your Username and Password.
- Click on the Online Scholarship Application. Sign in by providing your ACM Username and Password.
- Complete the simple general scholarship application.
- Follow steps to complete your file.
- After completing and submitting the general application, you
- Will be auto-matched to some of the scholarships based on your general application
– all scholarships are not set to auto-match.
- Should search for additional scholarships by clicking on the Opportunities tab at
the top of the page.
- Can apply to the other scholarships manually by answering a few supplemental questions.
- Can do a keyword search on all of the scholarships available to review specific Qualifications.
What we do?
- Offer and award a variety of scholarship opportunities as well as provide assistance
to students with the scholarship application process
- Offer a variety of financial support programs for all types of situations, we guide
students and families through the process of finding the right path.
- Provide assistance through grants, scholarships, low-interest student loans and works
- Over 2,400 scholarships totaling more than $1,000,000 awarded annually.
Student Scholarship Recipients
Discover what students are saying about ACM Scholarships – click an image below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- HOW CAN I FIND THE INFORMATION I NEED ABOUT A PARTICULAR SCHOLARSHIP?
An alphabetical listing of scholarships and the page numbers of scholarships are provided
in the scholarship catalog.
- WHERE CAN I FIND SCHOLARSHIPS BY THE PROGRAM OF INTEREST?
A listing of scholarships by program of interest (curriculum) is provided in the scholarship
- HOW WILL I KNOW IF I AM ELIGIBLE FOR A SCHOLARSHIP?
Each scholarship will have specific requirements listed in the description which must
be reviewed by the applicant to determine if he/she is eligible.
- WHEN THE RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT STATES THE APPLICANT MUST RESIDE IN THE TRI-STATE AREA OR THE FOUR-STATE AREA, HOW DO YOU DEFINE THESE AREAS?
The Tri-State area includes Maryland, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia.
The Four-State area includes Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- HOW IS FULL-TIME COURSE LOAD DEFINED?
Non-Allied Health program students taking 12 or more credit hours per semester are
considered full-time students. Allied Health program students enrolled in the clinical
phase taking 8 or more credit hours per semester are considered full-time students.
- HOW DO I APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS?
Any student applying for a scholarship must first apply for admission to the College.
An admission’s application can be obtained by contacting the Admissions Office at
301-784-5199 or you can apply here.
- WHEN SHOULD I APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS?
All of the scholarships are arranged by application deadline date, with the first
deadline being January 31, 2019. Scholarship applications must be submitted by the
- HOW ARE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Most scholarship recipients are selected by
faculty/staff who are members of the Scholarship Committee. In some cases, the donor
of the scholarship will assist in the selection.
- HOW MANY SCHOLARSHIPS CAN I ACTUALLY RECEIVE?
It is the policy of the Allegany College of Maryland Foundation to award no more than
three (3) Allegany College of Maryland Foundation scholarships or $2,500, to one individual.
This, however, does not mean that the most you may ever receive is $2,500.
- IF I AM AWARDED A SCHOLARSHIP,
DO I AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE THE AWARD FOR THE SECOND SEMESTER?
DO I AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE THE SAME SCHOLARSHIP THE NEXT YEAR?
No. In order for a scholarship recipient to have an award continued into the second
semester (ordinarily initial awards are given during the Fall), the recipient must
remain eligible under the particular requirements of the scholarship. For those scholarships
which state in their descriptions that
continuation into the second year is possible, students must reapply.
Meet the Staff