EVERYDAY DO SOMETHING
BE MINDFUL OF YOURSELF & OTHERS.
FOCUS ON NUTRIENTS NOT
Wellness Guiding Principles
- Well employees and healthy work environments are important components to a highly
functioning, efficient and cost-effective workplace.
- Healthy lifestyle choices lead to job satisfaction and improvements in productivity,
decreased health insurance costs, absenteeism, presenteeism, stress, and injuries,
as well as improved recruitment and retention.
- By providing resources, education, screenings, and a work environment conducive to
health and safety, employees are better informed and are aware of their role in their
- Healthy employees have a positive impact within their families and on the health of
- Organizations need proactive wellness programs the encourage employee engagement at
- Employee participation in our program is voluntary.
Highlights of Our Program
- Facilities that include: Fitness Center, Swimming Pool, Walking Tracks and Labyrinth, Tennis
and Basketball courts
- Mind-Body-Medicine Facilitator with MBM Trained Instructors
- Employee Newsletter, Monthly Lunch-n-Learns
- Individual and group wellbeing activities
- Campus Wide Healthy Food Offerings Initiative
- Wellness Clinics
- Financial Workshops
Health Promotion, as defined by the American Journal of Health Promotion, is the science
and art of helping people change their lifestyle toward an optimal state of health.
Wellness is defined as a dynamic process of becoming aware of and making conscious
choices toward a more balanced and healthy lifestyle. It includes learning new life
skills, which address both the positive and negative aspects of human existence. Over
the years, the concept of wellness at ACM has expanded into seven dimensions. Adopted
by the University of Wisconsin, Stephens Point Employee Well- being model, these dimensions
are illustrated in the descriptions below:
2019 Healthiest Maryland Businesses Wellness at Work Award Recipient