Main Content

Admission to a Degree Curriculum (Associate Degree or Certificate)

A student who wishes to complete his/her chosen program of study may be admitted as a degree-seeking student. All applicants must file an application for admission to the College.

Those seeking admission to a degree or certificate program must furnish official transcripts covering all previous high school and college work. The transcripts must be mailed directly to the Admissions Office from the institution(s) previously attended.

In addition, applicants wishing to pursue a degree or certificate program must take the Placement Test. An appointment date to take this test will be included in the letter of acknowledgment from the Instructional Assistance Center.

Applicants for direct admission to the career fields of Dental Hygiene, Medical Laboratory Technology, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Radiologic Technology, and Respiratory Therapist must submit scores from the American College Test (ACT) prior to being evaluated for admission.

Such students must take the Placement Test prior to acceptance in the program or registration of classes. Transfer students from other accredited colleges who have 12 or more semester hours of transferable credit including college-level English and mathematics are not required to take these tests.

All students should have application materials on file as early as possible before the registration period. Those filing as late as one month before the semester begins may have difficulty in obtaining a desirable class schedule. Those seeking admission to curricula with an enrollment limit should contact the Admissions Office to determine filing deadlines.

Those planning to enter the College in January may apply as early as October. Veterans should contact the Veteran's Coordinator for information regarding veteran's educational benefits and assistance.

Program options are designed to accommodate specializations within a state-approved certificate or degree program of study.

Generally the option includes at least 75% of the coursework in the state-approved program. The state-approved program title will be recorded on the graduate's transcript and diploma.