In this degree program, your experience works for you.
Our Associate of Science degree in Applied Technical Studies program awards college
credit for your specialized knowledge and credentials. Designed specifically for non-transfer
students, the program recognizes the value of your past apprenticeship or training
Through agreements with multiple unions and training providers, you may receive up
to 30 elective course credits for your successfully completed apprenticeship or training.
The program accepts American Council for Education-approved training programs as elective
With this jumpstart, you’ll work with our advisors and instructors to tailor your
degree program to meet your unique career goals – entry or reentry into the workforce,
career advancement, or starting your own business. The 60-credit degree program offers
you the opportunity to explore other disciplines while you build skills in communication,
critical thinking, and technology.
Written and Oral Communication
- Use reading, writing, speaking, and listening to communicate effectively.
Scientific and Quantitative Reasoning
- Use fundamentals of scientific investigation and/or mathematical concepts to explain
or to solve problems.
Critical Analysis and Reasoning
- Analyze, synthesize, and evaluate data and text.
- Use discipline-specific technologies effectively.
- Locate, evaluate, and use information ethically and effectively.