What will you learn?
- Human anatomy physiology and function and how it relates to human performance.
- Fundamental educational principles and how they relate to teaching health any physical
- First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to provide quality first responder
care in case of an emergency.
- Health related fitness components and how the impact your personal health.
What will you do?
- Evaluate your personal health and create a fitness plan.
- Create a written lesson plan
- Teach a lesson
- Analyze and examine the bodies various systems and how proper exercise and nutrition
impacts human health.
- Perform high quality CPR.
Discover what others are saying about ACM Health and Physical Education – click an
The Health and Physical Education Program is designed to help introduce and develop
students seeking to transfer to a four-year institution and seek a career in health
and physical education. We are constantly working on updating our content and pedagogy
to address the ever changing needs of our students as well as the changing needs of
the academic world. Student to teacher ratio is generally low giving each class a
personal feel. We pride ourselves in our ability to get to know and develop our students
to reach their fullest potential.
Program Goals & Learning Outcomes
- Analyze and evaluate current health and wellness trends.
- Identify, recognize, explain, evaluate and analyze the 5 Health Related Fitness Components,
the Seven Dimensions of Wellness, Weight Management, and Nutrition.
- Identify, explain, analyze, create, and perform foundational health and physical education
- Perform First Aid and CPR
- Discuss, examine, and analyze basic human biology, anatomy and performance
- Summarize and analyze current issues in health and wellness.
- Research a topic, create a presentation, and present the topic to the class.
- Create a personal fitness program.
- Create a personal fitness program based off of a case study.
- Evaluate personal fitness levels and analyze personal health with a fitness report.
- Generate a philosophy of health and wellness.
- Create a lesson plan
- Teach a lesson
- Become certified in both first aid and CPR.
- Generate a workout that indicates what muscles groups are working, why they would
benefit from the workout, and explain the importance of technique.
Meet the Faculty
Our experienced, knowledgeable faculty are excited to share their expertise with you
and prepare you to succeed in the diverse, dynamic field of Health and Physical Education.